New York Central Bee Liner

New York Central Bee Liner
RDC-3 #497 calls at Bedford Station

Friday, February 22, 2019

P.C.C.M. 58D / EBRR & LIRR TRAINS

Greetings All,


Welcome Back to the P.C.CM. 58 series!!!!

Let's get right to the action at the Empire Belt RRs North Side Yard. 1/87th scale PC Ralph has reported to work for his customary Morning Industrial Job assignment.
1/87th scale Senior Engineer Sir Neal will be providing transportation for PC Ralph and Conductor John to their engines and caboose.
Conductor John goes is dropped off at the Morning Industrial Job lead caboose, #1603.
1/87th scale PC Ralph & Sir Neal head over to the M.I.J. engines to get them started.
With his taxi service completed 1/87th scale Sir Neal heads back to the office to attend to other railroad matters.
Meanwhile PC Ralph has coupled up the engines to the MIJ train and is building air pressure for a brake test.
 First stop is Neal's Lumber & Hardware where we see Sir Neal has wandered over to flag traffic and assist in the coupling of the cars.
EL #73510 from Boom's Ready Mix loaded with bagged cement and PC #77047 loaded with bagged aggregate are spotted at Neal's.
The M.I.J. is now working the Gervais Pipe-Ralph's Grocery siding
The M.I.J. has shoved back from Gervais Pipe & Fitting to pull three cars from the Ralph's Grocery Warehouse siding.
A NYC Early Bird boxcar & PE #3638 loaded with gadgets from REVCO and P&LE #35892 loaded with bagged flour from Blue Ribbon Flour are now spotted at Ralph's Grocery Warehouse.
Two Evans breadbox trough coil coaches loaded with steel coils from Kings Port Steel are spotted at Gervais Pipe & Fitting.
The east side switching is done and 1/87th scale PC Ralph is bringing the M.I.J over to the west side. 
The engines have left the train on the EC Viaduct and are working the west side industries.
PC #104478 loaded with new steel barrels from Kings Port Steel is being delivered to Drywell Inks
Next stop is Walsh Steel Wool picking up NYC #80775 loaded with muffler mesh for it's next P.C.C.M. destination.
1/87th scale Conductor John protects the shove as PC Ralph shoves the M.I.J. thru the west side curve back to North Side Yard.
The M.I.J. cars are dropped at North Side Yard.
The crew heads for beans or pizza as the case may be.
Perfect timing! Here comes the L.I.R.R. transfer run from Fresh Pond Yard to North Side Yard.
The L.I.R.R. enters North Side Yard. Empty PC gon #288673 is returning to Empire City for it's next P.C.C.M. load. 
The L.I.R.R. crew has dropped their train on track 3, cut off the engines and are running back to the Hohman Ave entrance
The L.I.R.R. crew couples up to their outbound train.
They reclaim their caboose.
And head out of town.
 The L.I.R.R. transfer freight runs thru Bedford back to Fresh Pond
with five cars from Kings Port Steel and two hoppers from Hedberg Aggregate going to NYS DOT District 10.
That's it for today!
Tomorrow we'll check the action at Bedford and Bedford Park and close out the NYCTL's P.C.C.M. 58 train moves.

Be sure to see what's brewing 
on 1:1 scale PC Ralph's Kings Port Division
1:1 scale Sir Neal's Atlantic Pacific RR
and Brian's Ralston Creek RR

Thanks for reading!!!
See ya Tomorrow!!!

11 comments:

  1. I am certainly enjoying your latest series here John. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Robert!!!!
      If you'd like to join the virtual ops just me know.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the invite John, but I am not up and running as of yet. I'll check back with you when I do though.

      Delete
    3. Understood. The invitation is always open.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the prep pics as crews got rides to their cabooses and trains. Seeing all of the Empire Belt equipment really creates the impression of a plausible home road. Very nice photos of the set outs at various industries. I never get tired of the fun of observing "my cars" appear on your layout and vice versa in the virtual ops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ralph!!! Your cars are keeping my railroad crews very busy and they're enjoying every minute of it!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big Long Island fan! (corrected typo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Although I have a very small LIRR roster I really enjoy getting the LIRR Alcos into the mix.

      Delete