New York Central Bee Liner

New York Central Bee Liner
RDC-3 #497 calls at Bedford Station

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

The Great Train Store Haul

 Greetings All,

On June 3rd, 2022 Trainmaster Models in Auburn, Georgia had a 50% off sale on used items. I was looking to enhance my TOFC traffic and had seen some Athearn BB trailers when 1:1 scale ATJOE1972 and and I visited the store a few weeks prior to the sale. I arrived at the store just after it opened and I succeeded in adding to my TOFC trains big time.

Here is a look at the total haul. Hello, my name is John and I'm a trainaholic...

Tractors and trailers for increased TOFC traffic. The DC trailers are Denver-Chicago Trucking that ATJOE reports seeing around Denver when he was growing up. The two green tractors are painted and lettered for Time-DC after Denver-Chicago merged with the Time System in 1973.

The white trailers are lettered for Bud of California an agricultural company based in Monterey, CA.

To haul the new trailers as well as the trailers already in my trucking fleet I found two Walthers 89' TOFC Flatcars painted and lettered as ATSF #29530 and New Orleans Public Belt (NOPB) #101012.

I found three two sets of single trailer TOFC cars lettered for the Union Pacific, Canadian Pacific and Canadian National from McKean Models. Here is a photo of the actual CN 686153 

A pair of Central of Georgia 2 bay covered hoppers from Roundhouse and Branchline respectively and a PRR focal orange caboose from Bowser round out the freight car purchases.

Now for the locomotives! An Alco-Austria B&O S-2. An SP RS-11 and D&H C-424 from Atlas-Kato. All three ran great right out of the box. The RS-11 and C-424 are paint shop candidates. The "BINO" unit may or may not get repainted.

Last but definitely not least a Proto 2000 PRR E-8A and an Atlas Master Series Conrail MP15DC. Both of these locomotives ran well out of the box and the MP15DC appears to have never before been removed from its box.

It will be a busy and enjoyable time at the workbench as I get these  kits built and locomotives into service!!! I'll post about the  projects as the summer progresses and provide information about their 1:1 counterparts if any. 

Thanks for reading!!!
See ya soon!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Trainaholic John. That's a great haul and it looks like you have truly enhanced your future TOFC operations. As a fellow trainaholic, I think you have lived up to the title.

    So what road are you going to paint the potential candidates? Also, I'm not sure if I saw any EB 89' Flatbed cars on the railroad. I do think if they don't exist, they need to have a presence! If the APRR can have a 5 car well set, the EB can have some type of TOFC flat car as well.

    Sir Neal - Chief Trainaholic of the APRR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sir Neal, As my trainaholic sponsor I appreciate your wisdom and compliments!!!
      The EBRR decals are too tall for the sides of the 89' TOFC flats so I'm going to leave them as is. I can always imagine that the EBRR has bought into TTX!

      Delete
  2. Hi John! The coffee urn is in the back of the room. I share the same propensity but have rarely been as lucky as you when it comes to train sales! What a great haul! I know you are a big fan of TOFC ops so the trailers are prefect for you! I'm looking forward to seeing the additional locomotives on the N.Y.C.T.L. whether they wear new livery or not. Th C of G 2 bay hoppers and PR caboose are perfect for running in their original schemes. Very nice haul indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ralph, From one trainaholic to another, thanks for the coffee....And thanks for the compliments!!!!

      Delete