New York Central Bee Liner

New York Central Bee Liner
RDC-3 #497 calls at Bedford Station

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bralick Building

Greetings Blog Followers,

This past week I purchased and assembled a City Classics building kit known as 106 East Ohio Street. The kit consisted of four walls with windows and store front molded in, styrene for the roof, clear plastic for the windows and a cardboard view block for inside the building. The building was brush painted prior to assembly using hobby acrylics. Window glazing, decals and window treatments were then added. After allowing time to dry I assembled the building gluing the four sides together with Bondene. I held the building together with rubber bands and allowed the glue to cure overnight. The next day I used a clear latex caulk inside the four sides to further hold the building together and fill in any gaps. The building was set aside to dry and cure. I then touched up the paint. I named the building the Bralick Building using signs from a Walther's kit. 

The Bralick Building houses a BB&T Bank, a doctor's office and law offices.




The Skyline



Rear view

2 comments:

  1. I was curious how you chose "Bralick"? That's my maiden name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,

      The building's name came from a larger HO scale building kit that was sold by model train supplier Walthers. Here is a link to the building kit;
      https://www.walthers.com/the-bralick-building-kit-7-1-8-x-6-3-8-x-6-1-4-quot-17-8-x-15-9-x-15-6cm
      I'll have to rename it to the Bralick-Warner building going forward!

      Delete