New York Central Bee Liner

New York Central Bee Liner
RDC-3 #497 calls at Bedford Station

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Scene Enhancements

Greetings All,

With the Hudson Coal weathering complete and a trio of rail served industries now operational I turned my attention to other areas of the layout to enhance some of the scenes that I thought could use a little freshening up so to speak.

The Furniture Showroom building that I added earlier in the year showing the Green Team vandals have returned to their day job. 
I experimented with adding Lee Beverage Distributors in place of the three story building that was formerly here. I built Lee Beverage several years ago but it was too tall for it's designated space and has been looking for a better place on the layout.
Lee Beverage with the Pabst Blue Ribbon truck at it's loading dock.
The rear view as seen from North Side Yard across the layout.
The three story building has been relocated to the midtown area. This view is from the North Side Yard side of the layout.
I'm thinking a small used car lot would work here. Maybe a nice sized billboard on that blank first floor wall would work as well.
The following day I turned my attention to making and installing some trees made from a plant called sedum. Here I've added three new trees. 
The new trees and shrubbery in front of Lee Beverage along with the mailbox and mail carrier enhance the scene
Six more new trees were added to this corner. They are the brighter green in the center. I also added some weeds growing along the red wall and the fence line in front of the tracks.
 New tree #10 sits outside the Police Station. 
Billboard, painter, tree trunks, weeds and bushes in the corner of the Anchor Cargo Distributing lot.
 Meanwhile over at Pizza Land Chip's Ice is being delivered. 
Back to Lee Beverage where I added some more shrubbery around the building. The Empire City Viaduct is in the foreground.
 Trucking option A
 Trucking option B.
Empire Belt GE's and EMDs pose on Walsh's curve with the new trees adding some interest to the skyline.
Last but not least the food carts were adjusted and the high top tables and garbage can detail parts that came with them have been installed. This is becoming a go to spot for 1/87th scale rail fans.


Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. A reminder that I need to re-do a lot of my own scenery. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Nice addition with the food cars. Need some park benches across from them so people can sit and eat. I like it! Lee Beverages is a nice addition. I hope they have exclusive contracts with Pizza Land! All of your additions look great! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking scenery and details around town. Lee Beverage is looking quite sharp, I like both delivery options. Glad to see the Green Team paint crew being productive citizens. I shudder to think if a Red Team paint crew comes to town. Nice touches to Anchor Cargo and the House of Blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More greenery, signs, billboards, and lots of details really make these scenes! Lee Beverage loading dock looking good with both trucks moving ice and Pabst!The ice loads are very cool...so to speak! I like the idea of the little used car lot by the three story building! "Honest John's"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ralph! Very close on the car lot! I'm thinking Honest Ray's after my uncle who seemed to always have a new car.

    ReplyDelete