New York Central Bee Liner

New York Central Bee Liner
RDC-3 #497 calls at Bedford Station

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

New Haven Daze Part 2

Greetings All,

The New Haven Daze concludes today. A couple of short videos are included. My new computer and video maker are giving me agita and I'm not really that pleased with the video quality so far. That said I wanted to give everyone a chance to check out the NH action on the layout at this time seeing I might not be able to get any new videos up and running any time soon. 

Proto 2000 New haven GP9 #1218 leads a passenger train towards Empire City Station.
The 1218 leads the train around the Market Street curve
Approaching Empire City Station
The 1218 and passenger train are coming out of the reverse track past the Empire City Post Office 
An aerial of of the action
The train crosses the Ship & Sanitary Canal as it enters Empire City Station.
Pulling in on track#1
Meanwhile on the upper level a pair of New Haven F7As and an SDP40 team up to move a long freight. Engines by Athearn. Disclaimer NH did not roster F7s or SDP40s
Still...It's a good looking engine and one of my favorites.
A short video of the F7s and SDP40

A NH RS2 with a short coal train at Bedford Station
NH RS-2 crossing the Cornelius Vanderbilt Memorial Bridge.
Thanks for reading and watching!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great video you posted. Very impressed with all of the tank cars in the consist. The NH McGinnis paint scheme is one of my favorites of all time. It still exists today on some Metro-North divisions as well as the CDOT Shore Line trains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, I always liked the NH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharp looking NH trains and equipment. I see your 40ft boxcar has the correct orange door. I'm with Sir Neal and John, New Haven has some iconic paint schemes. McGinnis hired a Swiss artist to design them. The same artist did the B&M scheme when McGinnis worked there. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! You continue to provide great insight and tidbits into these fallen flags. Thanks for the latest on the Swiss artist!

      Delete
  5. Really nice seeing those NH locomotives, especially the one with the special paint job. You sure have a nice string of tankers. They make for a great consist.

    Speaking of nice NH locomotives I am thinking that I could have had one just as nice on my rooster if I didn't listen to a certain high level NYCTL executive talk me out of the purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments Double E!

      Let's not rewrite history...True I expressed some misgivings about your intended purchase of a Lionel shorty EP-5 in the McGiness scheme due to it's very toy like appearance. However shortly thereafter I returned to the LHS and offered to pick it up for you when it was on sale for $25.00 less than the listed price and you sir declined the offer.
      Therefore the undersigned has respectfully absolved himself of any and all blame that the HRC does not have a NH EP-5.
      I would be glad to help search for one if you so choose!

      Delete
  6. I found this little nugget on the New Haven, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe-PN2u9M4s It's before the McGinnis era, but has some nice steam and early Alco footage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Here's the Wiki page of the Swiss artist that created the iconic New Haven scheme and later the Boston and Maine scheme. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Matter

      Delete