New York Central Bee Liner

New York Central Bee Liner
RDC-3 #497 calls at Bedford Station

Friday, July 6, 2012

Rescuing a P-1000 RS-2

About ten years ago I purchased two Lifelike Proto 1000 Alco RS-2 locomotives painted in the New York Central lightning stripe livery.For reasons still unknown both engines suffered from catastrophic engine failure. The original power chassis' were replaced by purchasing later release LL P-1000 RS2s. These locomotives sat in the box for a few years and their chances of trying to be re powered again became non existent. So I did the next best thing I removed their bad motors and gear tower gears to make them free rolling. Next I painted them up for my second favorite railroad the Penn Central. Here is the first to make it out of the paint shop and be ready to hit the rails.
 
Penn Central #9942

Engineer's side

Front

Rear

A simple but good looking paint scheme that fits in well with my mostly late 60s theme. Right now this unit is in consist with a NYC Atlas RS1 and PRR Atlas RS1, both with their numbers also in the 9900 series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment